With so many races canceled in 2020 including the majority of those scheduled to be a part of the annual SBAA GP and Jr. GP we have decided to go virtual with this year’s race series! We hope you join the fun!
How to Participate:
The 2020 GP and Jr. GP is free for all SBAA members. Join the Club today at https://www.sbrunning.org. Not sure if you’ve renewed your annual 2020 membership? Email us at email@example.com. Together Apart tag #SBAAGP on social media to celebrate our community Together while Apart.
Once you’ve confirmed your annual SBAA membership please register for the Virtual GP series so we can track all participants and standing.
The GP and Jr. GP is a classic tradition here in Santa Barbara! A fun way to test your fitness, challenge your friends and celebrate your successes with prizes and awards at the annual Awards Banquet in December!
June 23rd - December 31st. Run each race as many times as you’d like to test your personal best!
The GP and Jr. GP will have five race distances on popular pre-set courses throughout Santa Barbara. Best 3 events will be scored for timing. Click here to join the 2020 GP Race Series Strava Club to track your results and competition. GP standing will be updated monthly on the SBAA website.
The 2020 Virtual GP Races:
- 1 Mile Race. Much like our beloved State Street Mile, the 1 Mile race will be a net downhill course starting at the top of Glen Annie Road.
- 5k Race. You guessed it… the traditional Nite Moves 5k course!
- 5 Mile Race. This will be a fun and challenging one! Out and Back on Farren Road (aka - Up and Down!)
- 10k Race. A little dirt, a little road and great views throughout Lake Los Carneros Park and surrounding neighborhood.
- 1/2 Marathon Race. Starting/ending on the McConnell’s course we’ve extended the route along the Goleta Bike Path known as the Obern Trail.
The 2020 Virtual Junior GP Races:
- 1 Mile Race. Find any open track and complete four laps (1600 meters) for a “one miler” on the track.
- 2 Mile Race. Out 1 mile and back 1 mile on Farren Road (aka - Up and Down!)
- 5k Race. Starting from a wonderful ocean front location at Goleta Beach, this will follow the McConnell's 5k route along the Goleta bike path.
- 5k Race. Variation of the Fox Fall Cross Country Classic at Lake Los Carneros Park.
- 10k Race. A little dirt, a little road and great views throughout Lake Los Carneros and surrounding neighborhood.