Santa Barbara Running and Racing
Rusty Snow and Mike Swan, two local running greats, have organized a training program and racing team for the rest of us, called SB Running and Racing (or SBRR for short). It consists of two coached workouts a week (one an interval workout on the track or up hills; the other, a tempo workout on the road or on trails. These workouts are adapted to the individual and depend on his or her upcoming races.
- Tuesday “interval” track workout, either morning (6am) or evening (6pm).
- Saturday morning (6:30am): longer run with “tempo” pacing.
- Two levels of coaching are available: General and Personalized.
- General coaching gives you access to the workouts and the coaches
- Personalized coaching means the coaches will write a schedule
appropriate for your needs, in addition to access to the workouts.
- Rusty Snow and Mike Swan are the coaches.
- Coaching is only available to SBAA members who have ALSO paid to to join the coached workout program (SBRR).
- To enter the coached workout program, SBAA members must also pay $100 per calendar year.
- Then there is an additional monthly charge depending on whether the member wants personalized or general coaching.
- $35/month for general coaching
- $100/month for personalized coaching
- Summary: First you pay $30/year to join the SBAA, then $100/year to join the coached workout program, then for each month you participate there is an additional fee of either $35/month or $100/month depending on what you need that month.
- For more information see the SBRR blog page.